I should have already written this blog post. And for my slowness, I apologize.
Last week I had some successes and some failures.
As for successes:
1. I drank more water. I made sure to get at least 8 glasses of water a day. Generally it was far more. But I tried to be aware of the water I was taking.
2. I did not have a single Dr. Pepper. Those of you who know me, know this is a challenge for me. Even my kiddo (who is 33 months) was aware that mommy wasn’t drinking her normal drink. I did have a can a day of diet soda, which is still not so great, but at least it wasn’t packing on the calories and the pounds.
3. I got two great workouts in. I wanted 3 but I am happy about the 2 that I accomplished because they were long, hard workouts.
4. I ate a serving of veggies and a serving of fruit every day. Most days far more than one serving. But I at least got that one serving in.
5. I tracked my calories. Every day except for Saturday and Sunday.
1. I did not get the 3 days in of exercise that I wanted.
2. I did not track Saturday or Sunday (and have not tracked yesterday or today either).
3. I made some pretty poor choices in using up my calories. Several times I choose ice cream, pie, cookies, etc. instead of choosing healthier options.
However, I did succeed at losing weight.
Pregnancy Weight: 250 pounds
Postpartum (Starting) Weight: 225 pounds
This week’s weight: 220 pounds
Difference: -5 pounds
Goal: 175 pounds
Pounds to goal: 45 pounds
This week’s goals are as follows:
1. Complete three workouts (even if short ones).
2. Drink more water. Goal of 10 glasses a day.
3. Track every day for the rest of the week (Wednesday-Sunday).
Hopefully next week I will be able to share all success and no failures. Wish me luck as I have at least one sick kid and think I am coming down with something myself. But I need to make my own health a priority as well as my children’s.
Do you have any health goals right now?