Little T is almost 1 year old! I can’t believe that almost a year has passed since my little man was in my belly.
Isn’t that the most precious face? (The only face I have ever seen that competes with that little face is my little S. But then I am a little prejudiced.)
And here’s a photo of him just a few weeks ago, cruising all over the place.
Look at that amazing smile!
His birthday isn’t for another week and a half, but as I am preparing for his birthday party, I have been having fun thinking back on all the great things he has accomplished this last year. I am so proud of my little guy and all that he has accomplished.
To celebrate this past year and the joy we have gotten to experience by having T in our lives this last year we are going to have a birthday party at Chick-Fil-A. They don’t have party packages or anything but are very accommodating and allowing us to reserve the space and bring our own balloons, cake, and goodie bags. Saves me on the clean up, space, and providing the food/drinks.
Here’s what I have been working on.
1. Goodie bags: Silly straws, bubbles with personal labels, pipe cleaner wands, homemade playdough, handmade coloring books with crayons, and cheerios because they are his favorite!
2. Balloon for each child who attends (Decoration for the party and it also goes home with the kids. Win win!)
3. Cupcakes and a small cake for the birthday boy! I’m thinking chocolate…
4. Banner for his high chair, and a special birthday hat.
5. Collage with a picture for each month of the last year (to display near the cake).
1. Target gift registry: Hopefully this will make gift giving much easier for everyone.
2. Invitation Flyer/Facebook Event Invite: I made a super cute flyer on photoshop to have my hubby display in his office. So much cheaper than doing individual invites and that way I don’t forget anyone! Also, created an invite on facebook.
3. Shopping: I found the bubbles and silly straws at the dollar store. I have been collecting baby food jars to decorate and put the playdough in (once it is made). And I have cupcake liners (although I am thinking of designing some cute ones to go around them).
4. Brainstorming: I’ve been searching online for ideas for the theme (went with the cow theme since T loves the cow from Chick-Fil-A and it fits so well with the restaurant). I’ve also looked for ideas on what to put in the goodie bags, how to make them cute, and how to personalize them myself.
So, needless to say, I’ve been busy with birthday planning. I may not be blogging much in the next week as I get all the stuff together. Be looking for pictures from the party!