Over the last month I have thought a lot about all the things that I am grateful for. In honor of Thanksgiving, here are 24 (one for each day of the month) things that I am thankful for, in no particular order. What are you grateful for?
1.Aaron…I have been blessed with an amazing partner in life and a great friend. I don’t know how I lived so many years of my life without him.
2. S…One smile of that little guy’s face and I melt. I will never forget the joy that I felt when I first found out I was pregnant. Or the happiness that flooded over me when I first held him in my arms. I am so grateful that I have not lost him to his disease and that he is such a fun and vibrant baby.
3. T…I laughed when I first found out I was pregnant again so soon. I couldn’t help myself. God knew that I could handle a second child even when I thought it would be impossible. And I am so grateful that God’s timing is better than my own. Life would just not be anywhere near as fun without my snugglebug.
4.My extended family…where would we be without family? You are part of my life, not by choice, but by blood and marriage. But I couldn’t imagine what my life would be like without the fullness of your love. I miss you all. A week is never long enough to catch up on everything. Love you!
5. My friends…I have been so blessed by so many wonderful people who have stuck with me through many many years. You know who you are. Thank you for sticking by me even though you didn’t have to. Love you!
6. Doctors…they are keeping my little S alive.
7. A roof over our heads…and a nice one at that. I know I complain about the workmanship and really wish people would take more pride in their work and not cut so many corners. But we have a very nice house to live in. It may not have been our choice house, and it may be a rental, but it is warm and cozy in the winter and keeps out the snow. In the summer it is cool and comfortable and keeps out the heat. It provides a space to relax and enjoy being together.
8. The garage…silly I know. But growing up without one I have a great appreciation for it. Not only does it store your stuff but it makes it possible to get in and out of the car without getting wet, or cold, or hot. It also allows me to safely leave my children in the car for a few minutes while I load up the other one. Something I would not be able to do otherwise.
9. Food…I love to eat! Probably why I need to lose pounds. I am so grateful that we have so much food and that we are not starving. I am also grateful that we can help other people in need through local food banks.
10. My car…it isn’t big enough and I get frustrated with it sometimes, but I am so grateful for the ability to go anywhere anytime I need to.
11. Clothes…Sure, they don’t always fit the way I want them to and they aren’t always the style I want, but they keep me warm in the winter and they keep my modesty intact.
12. Music…It is the breath of my life and makes me smile when life is hard.
13. Crafts…The way I am able to express my creativity and help me ignore the world when I need to. It is also a way for me to give to charities.
14. Books…I can’t imagine a world without my books. I love reading and even with all the electronic options I still love the feel of books in my fingers.
15. Movies and tv shows that make me laugh/smile…they may not be beneficial to me intellectually but sometimes it is nice to veg out.
16. Working legs…I am so grateful that I am able to walk wherever I need/want to go.
17. Health…My health isn’t perfect but I am so grateful that I have nothing serious wrong with me.
18. Libraries…Fantastical places where you can get something for free! Sure you have to take the books back but still…
19. Technology…My phone, my computer, my camera, my Nook…none of them are necessary but all of them are a blessing in their own ways.
20. Disneyland…And the many fun memories I have of going there with my amazing friends.
21. Airman’s Attic…It has been a blessing so many times. Some people have donated things that were EXACTLY what I needed at exactly the right time.
22. Ice Cream…And cake and cookies and brownies and pies…I just love deserts!
23. Nature…God made such a beautiful world. I am so grateful for the times that I have to spend basking in its beauty.
24. Holidays…Good times, good foods, and special memories with family and friends.