I keep seeing all this “Subway” Art on pinterest and other places online. There are some really cute things out there right now. After playing around on picnik.com (one of my favorite sites!) I discovered how easy it is to make your own artwork.
The sample one that I have made for you is available for you to download and use for your own personal uses. It is a very simple version, done simply to give you an idea of how to work the program. Play around with it and you can come up with all sorts of things!
- Go to picnik.com. Under the “Library” tab you will see a “Start!” button. After clicking on the “Start!” button choose the “Make a collage” option.
- On the next screen you will have collage options. For the purposes of this particular project you will want to choose the box of 4 pictures, and whatever color you would like as your background color. When you have finished picking your background color, click on the “done!” button in the upper right hand side of the window.
- When I use a white background, I choose a frame to help me know where my picture ends. This can easily be cropped out towards the end. I will show you how in one of the final steps.
- Next begins the designing! There are so many options on picnik! Have fun and play around with them. For this project, I start with my text. You can do your text in sections so that you can alter the fonts and colors for different parts of your saying, verse, or words.
- Add stickers, fun borders, or whatever makes your heart happy!
- If you put in a frame at the beginning but want to crop it out, simply go back to “basic edits” and choose the crop option.
- Finally, save your masterpiece! You can then print it from your computer or send it to a printing company to print it for you.
Here is my finished product and a few examples of ones that I made for my little guys. The stars and lines are simply hyphens in a variety of different texts. Just play around and see what you come up with! (I took out their names for the blog but the initials mark where their names are located. Yes, they each have three names! And yes, they were the exact same size when they were born. Even though T was born 5 weeks early!)
Hope this inspires you to be creative with your favorite dates, phrases, or verses!